Upgrading JasperReports Server

I’ve just upgraded my JasperServer installation from version 4.2.1 to 5.2.0 I followed the chapter 9 of the JasperReports Server community project installation guide, release 5.2.0, all ran properly and I logged on using the user jasperadmin. The former version used to authenticate its users connecting to a Microsoft Active Directory, the manual says at this point:

“Configuration modifications, such as client-specific security classes or LDAP server configurations, need to be hand-copied from your previous environment and re-integrated into the upgraded environment”

So, I copied the LDAP server configuration I described on my post JasperServer user authentication with Microsoft Active Directory, I restarted tomcat and tried to log on using my Active Directory credentials, but the access was denied. I reviewed the server log and I read the following exception:

org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyException: Invalid property ‘principal.fullName’ of bean class [org.springframework.security.providers.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken]: Bean property ‘principal.fullName’ is not readable
or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:729)
at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:721)

After researching on the Internet, I edited the file applicationContext-security-web.xml and added the filter in bold:

/**=httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,encryptionFilter,multipartRequestWrapperFilter,
webAppSecurityFilter,jsCsrfGuardFilter,${bean.loggingFilter},${bean.userPreferencesFilter},
delegatingAuthenticationProcessingFilter,${bean.userPreferencesFilter},${bean.basicProcessingFilter},
delegatingRequestParameterAuthenticationFilter,JIAuthenticationSynchronizer,
anonymousProcessingFilter,delegatingExceptionTranslationFilter,filterInvocationInterceptor,
switchUserProcessingFilter,iPadSupportFilter

I restarted the application server and Active Directory authentication became available again.


References

Advertisements


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s